What is Washboard Express?

Washboard Express is a way for me to express my own opinions, to be a provocative gadfly, by writing a "letter a day" to the President. I may miss a day here and there, because sometimes my family with be my first priority, but my goal is to write a total of 365 letters, representing one full year. To say I have opinions about most things would be to understate the obvious. Those of you that know me, know this is true, those who don't know me, will learn that it's true. The Washboard is a reference to going back to basics and "keeping it clean," so if you would like me to post your comments or opinions on this blog, I only ask that you be respectful. So go ahead, express yourself, and I look forward to an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Common Sense ~ Common Courtesy

It's always interesting to see comments that others leave on Facebook, regarding one subject or another posted on someone's wall. Often, they mistakenly believe that only the person whose wall it is can see it. Not so. Everyone that is a friend of that person can see it as well.

Recently my grand daughter posted a quote from Shakespeare, and her boyfriend posted a comment asking what the (expletive) she meant and called her a flake. I then left a comment stating that he should show more respect for her and her friends, and family, by not posting rude remarks and swear words on her wall. My granddaughter posted that it was just a joke, and no big deal. I'm sorry, to me it is a big deal... it shows a lack of respect for her and a lack of common courtesy to those who are her "friends" and "family". If he can't see or understand that, then he needs some education in proper manners.

I only ask that when posting a comment on another persons wall, please keep in mind who else might see it, and yes, as a grand parent I'm particularly sensitive to how my grand daughter is treated... even on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment