What is Washboard Express?

Washboard Express is a way for me to express my own opinions, to be a provocative gadfly, by writing a "letter a day" to the President. I may miss a day here and there, because sometimes my family with be my first priority, but my goal is to write a total of 365 letters, representing one full year. To say I have opinions about most things would be to understate the obvious. Those of you that know me, know this is true, those who don't know me, will learn that it's true. The Washboard is a reference to going back to basics and "keeping it clean," so if you would like me to post your comments or opinions on this blog, I only ask that you be respectful. So go ahead, express yourself, and I look forward to an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Letter #155... Dear Mr. President... Let them Cry, this is a Win for All Americans


Dear Mr. President,

Congratulations, you deserve a huge ‘THANK YOU’ from the American people, including those that do not understand just what the Affordable Care Act does for them. You know, and I know, that this is just the first step towards a single payer plan, but it’s a very big and important step.

This isn't your Party, but you can Cry if you want too.
I listened to your speech after the Supreme Court upheld all of the provisions of the ACA, and you did a terrific job of explaining just what it means for ordinary Americans. I also saw the list of benefits posted on the White House web site. My one suggestion would be to add just what is in effect now, and with each check point the date it was implemented or will be implemented, and then publish the heck out of it… the general public is a little slow on the uptake and sometimes they need to be hit between the eyes with a two-by-four before it finally sinks in.

Check it Out!
It’s a message that every single Democrat should carry to every corner, and nook and cranny of this country, along with their own two-by-four.  It’s a message that you need to drive home at each and every opportunity, including how much of it is like RomneyCare, and just how successful RomneyCare is in Massachusetts. Just keep hanging both RomneyCare and ObamaCare around Mitts neck like a gold medal from the Olympics, and watch him squirm because he can’t trash what he started in his home state without looking like a complete fool. Extol the virtues of his plan and tell the American people that just like Massachusetts, very soon at least 98% of adults and nearly 100% of the children in this country will be covered.

Thanks again Mr. President, for fighting to provide all American’s with affordable health care… for the first time in a long time SCOTUS did the right thing in upholding the provisions of this vital piece of legislation.

Keep on fighting for us Mr. President, we need you on our side for another four years… for some of us, our very lives depend on it.

Most Respectfully,

Marcia Reimers,
Your Gadfly Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment