What is Washboard Express?

Washboard Express is a way for me to express my own opinions, to be a provocative gadfly, by writing a "letter a day" to the President. I may miss a day here and there, because sometimes my family with be my first priority, but my goal is to write a total of 365 letters, representing one full year. To say I have opinions about most things would be to understate the obvious. Those of you that know me, know this is true, those who don't know me, will learn that it's true. The Washboard is a reference to going back to basics and "keeping it clean," so if you would like me to post your comments or opinions on this blog, I only ask that you be respectful. So go ahead, express yourself, and I look forward to an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Letter #134... Dear Mr. President... Thank you and Happy New Year!


Dear Mr. President:

What a year this has been for both of us… 2011 with all it’s ups and downs has still been a year with much to be grateful for, and I for one, am grateful that you are my President. In 2012 you will continue to be my President because I have no doubt, what-so-ever, that you will be re-elected again by an overwhelming majority.

Happy New Year Mr. President... 2012 is going to be the Year of the Democrats
You must be ecstatic with the cast of characters the GOP is parading around the country under the guise of Presidential candidates. I have loved every minute of each debate, all faux pas uttered by each clown at every campaign stop, and the incredible spate of out and out lies spewing forth like foam from the mouths of a pack of rabid dogs. This GOP clown show is going to be the gift that keeps on giving, and you will be the ultimate benefactor of their collective insanity and stupidity.

In spite of the intractable obfuscation coming from the Republican Party, you have managed to find and eliminate Osama bin Laden, end the Iraq war, pass health care reform, end DADT, and extend the temporary payroll tax cut for the middle class.  

For these things, and much more, I thank you Mr. President! Thank you for being who you are and caring about ordinary Americans, and thank you for bringing honesty, intelligence and integrity back to this country and the White House.

I just want you to know that while so much more could have been accomplished, the only mistake you made was believing that you could get even the tiniest bit of cooperation from even one Republican. Something has changed in the GOP’s DNA, they seem hell bent on self-destruction instead of self-preservation… they’re a tad off center, if you know what I mean. (Some call it batshit crazy)

While the majority of my letters contain some bit of advise… this one is intended to simply say thanks for being my President. I look forward to 2012 knowing that we, as a country, and as ordinary citizens, are in good, capable, caring hands.

While many say that there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats, that both parties are owned by Wall Street, that corporate interests trump people interests… there is still one big difference between the parties… the Democrats care about human beings, they know that $1000 dollars is a lot of money for ordinary families, and they know that we are not put on this earth to accumulate as much money as the Koch Bros. We’re put here to help one another, to be our brothers keepers, and to give help to the least among us… because that is what makes us human and that’s why we’re proud to be Democrats.

Happy New Year Mr. President… the best of everything in 2012… and thanks again.

Most Respectfully,

Marcia Reimers,
Your Gadfly Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment