What is Washboard Express?

Washboard Express is a way for me to express my own opinions, to be a provocative gadfly, by writing a "letter a day" to the President. I may miss a day here and there, because sometimes my family with be my first priority, but my goal is to write a total of 365 letters, representing one full year. To say I have opinions about most things would be to understate the obvious. Those of you that know me, know this is true, those who don't know me, will learn that it's true. The Washboard is a reference to going back to basics and "keeping it clean," so if you would like me to post your comments or opinions on this blog, I only ask that you be respectful. So go ahead, express yourself, and I look forward to an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 96...Dear Mr. President... One Crazy, Scary group of people...


Day 96

Dear Mr. President,

Last night I watched the third Republican debate… ‘sigh’… it was truly awful. Each one gets more and more difficult to watch and listen to because the candidates are so hateful, vile and absolutely committed to seeing you fail as President.

For those of us that believe in this country and want to see it recover, and see people begin to rebuild their lives, it is sickening to listen to such unashamed hatred, of not only you Mr. President, but the poor, the uninsured, the unemployed, seniors and children. I say this because they would slash programs for all of these groups. Some of them claiming and even promising to do it on ‘day one’ if elected. Appalling!

I’m sure you’ve heard that Michele Bachmann said that you have the lowest approval rating of any President in modern times. Really Michele? So she’s saying that in addition to other things she knows nothing about, that she don’t understand that numbers are sequential… 1,2,3,4, etc… and that your 40% approval rating is in fact, a higher number than Ronald Reagan’s 35%, or G.H.W. Bush’s 29%, or G.W. Bush’s 25%, or Nixon’s 24%? It must be that math thing again… she doesn’t get it.

And then we had the illustrious Rick Santorum, who not only didn’t acknowledge the service of Stephen Hill, or chastise the audience for booing, but when Hill asked the candidates what they would do with troops like him, Santorum went into a rant about sexual activity having no place in the military. Santorum said he would repeal DADT, and that removing it is a dangerous social experiment. What experiment is he talking about? I’m telling you Mr. President these people are scary… crazy, scary.

A few other choice tidbits that made me roll my eyes were: Gary (I promise) Johnson saying that the biggest threat to national security is that the U.S. is bankrupt, and Perry saying that the federal government has not engaged in any border security. So doubling the number of U.S. Border Patrol agents since 2004 is nothing, and the $200 million in federal funds to fill gaps in border security is nothing? It must be that math thing again… you know Mr. President… big scary numbers.

But my favorite head shaking moment came when Gov. Perry, while defending a question about his 2007 attempt to require all girls in Texas to be vaccinated against HPV, he said that if he made a mistake back then he’ll accept responsibility for it, but that he will always err on the side of life… What! Perry, err on the side of life? OMG… how many ways can you spell HYPOCRIT? Perry has more notches on his cowboy belt than any other Governor in history… 235 executions. Executions that he doesn’t lose any sleep over by worrying if any of them were actually innocent, but he will always err on the side of life… Really Gov. Perry?

One of these homophobic, ignorant, no math, murdering, RepubliTHUGS will be running against you in 2012… one crazy, scary group of people… 

Most Respectfully,

Marcia Reimers
Your Gadfly Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment