What is Washboard Express?

Washboard Express is a way for me to express my own opinions, to be a provocative gadfly, by writing a "letter a day" to the President. I may miss a day here and there, because sometimes my family with be my first priority, but my goal is to write a total of 365 letters, representing one full year. To say I have opinions about most things would be to understate the obvious. Those of you that know me, know this is true, those who don't know me, will learn that it's true. The Washboard is a reference to going back to basics and "keeping it clean," so if you would like me to post your comments or opinions on this blog, I only ask that you be respectful. So go ahead, express yourself, and I look forward to an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Letter #120... Dear Mr. President... The Party of Oops


Letter #120

Dear Mr. President:

I have to admit something… I’m really enjoying the new third party… “The Party of Oops”… It’s not just Perry with his oops moment when he couldn’t remember one of the three government agencies he wants to eliminate, it’s all of the candidates.

I only wish I could stay up a little later at night because I’m sure that the “late night” guys are having a field day with the shear number of “oops moments,” so for strictly entertainment purposes, I going to list a few of my favorites.

Oops… who on earth thought it was a good idea for Rick Perry to entertain lawmakers, friends and supporters at a camp named N*****head? Oops.

Oops… How do you say delicious in Cuban? Herman Cain obviously knows something the rest of us have missed… a new language called ‘Cuban’. Cain also didn’t seem to know that China has had nuclear weapons since 1964, having said that China was “trying to develop nuclear capability…” Oops.

Oops… Michele Bachmann believes “…that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States… Men like John Quincy Adams would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country.” Uuhhh… Adams was the 6th President and was only 8 years old when the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776. And, apparently Bachmann missed the tour at Mount Vernon that shows the ‘slave quarters’. Oops.

Oops… Mitt Romney’s response when asked his favorite fiction genre novel was ‘Battlefield Earth’ by L. Ron Hubbard… really? People already have a perception of Mormonism being a ‘cult-like religion,’ so why would he cite a book by Scientologist, L. Ron Hubbard and then correct himself by saying it was “one of them” but he also enjoyed “Huck Finn?” Oops.

Oops… Newt Gingrich was paid $1.6m from Freddie Mac for his services as ‘Historian’… he has to be the highest paid ‘historian’ in history, and the $30,000 per month he receives for consulting sounds a lot like a Lobbyist fee. Oops.

But this one takes the cake Mr. President… Rick Perry referring to you… “It reveals to me that he grew up in a privileged way, he never had to really work for anything.” What planet does Perry live on where a child, raised by a single mother that once needed to use food stamps, grew up privileged? This is more than a ‘oops’… it’s a disgusting example of stupidity that Perry continues to display every time he opens his mouth to change feet. Oops, did I just call Perry stupid… you bet I did!

So much for the “Party of Oops”… and yes, for Rick Perry's information... you are the smartest man in the room.

Most Respectfully,

Marcia Reimers
Your Gadfly Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment