What is Washboard Express?

Washboard Express is a way for me to express my own opinions, to be a provocative gadfly, by writing a "letter a day" to the President. I may miss a day here and there, because sometimes my family with be my first priority, but my goal is to write a total of 365 letters, representing one full year. To say I have opinions about most things would be to understate the obvious. Those of you that know me, know this is true, those who don't know me, will learn that it's true. The Washboard is a reference to going back to basics and "keeping it clean," so if you would like me to post your comments or opinions on this blog, I only ask that you be respectful. So go ahead, express yourself, and I look forward to an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Letter #125... Dear Mr. President... Please Pass the Prozac... I Must be Crazy.


Dear Mr. President:

It’s official… Republicans and the GOP are certifiably insane. I’ve declared it, you know it, and now the whole world knows it. According to a quote by Einstein, the definition of insanity is:  Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein ...

Doesn’t that explain why Republicans insist on cutting taxes for corporations, millionaires/billionaires, raising taxes on the middle class, and then expecting the economy to change and the deficit to be reduced?

Doesn’t that explain why Republicans refuse to pass the American Jobs Act, yet expect the long-haired hippies of OWS, returning Vets and the chronically unemployed to just… ‘get a job’?

Doesn’t that explain why the Republicans on the supercommittee failed to put anything on the table except some poorly defined tax reforms in exchange for even lower tax rates for the rich, but those same Republicans will be the first to blame you when the automatic cuts to the Pentagon budget go into effect next year?

Doesn’t that explain just about all the craziness of Republicans and the religious right wing nuts that hate all things “Obama”… even if you’re the only one that gives them any hope at a decent education for their children, while all the Republicans want to do is cut, cut, cut? Or, give them a shot at some kind of health care if they’re uninsured?

Doesn’t that explain why the Republicans signed the Grover Norquist “No Taxes under any circumstances” pledge? Doesn’t that explain why they all drank the cool-aid served up Norquist style… drink or you’ll never get another penny in campaign contributions?

What is wrong with these people? Are they so myopic that they will cut off their own noses and the noses of their constituents, to spite their faces?

I know, these are stupid questions, so I guess I’m just as crazy for asking the same questions over and over again while expecting different answers.

Please pass the prozac, it must be time for my meds.

Most Respectfully,

Marcia Reimers
Your Gadfly Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment