What is Washboard Express?

Washboard Express is a way for me to express my own opinions, to be a provocative gadfly, by writing a "letter a day" to the President. I may miss a day here and there, because sometimes my family with be my first priority, but my goal is to write a total of 365 letters, representing one full year. To say I have opinions about most things would be to understate the obvious. Those of you that know me, know this is true, those who don't know me, will learn that it's true. The Washboard is a reference to going back to basics and "keeping it clean," so if you would like me to post your comments or opinions on this blog, I only ask that you be respectful. So go ahead, express yourself, and I look forward to an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 1... Dear Mr. President... Greetings from The Gadfly Granny.


Letters to President Obama:

Marcia Reimers, The Gadfly Granny
This will be a series of letters to My President, most days, gleaned from the news or just from my own thoughts on a particular subject. My plan is to send those thoughts, ideas, opinions, criticisms, expectations, disappointments, thanks, congratulations, and suggestions, and to be a small voice of the change that is constant in all our lives whether we welcome it or not.

I am “The Gadfly Granny” and my definition of a gadfly is:
One that acts as a provocative stimulus; or a goad. That is my intention... to give a gentle prod or stimulate an idea or observation. 


Day 1
Dear Mr. President,                                                                        5/5/11

        You don't know me yet.  But I found your website the other day. You know the one about the video showing what happens to letters sent to you, the President. We agree. There is nothing more serious or important than hearing from your supporters. For you to hear what's on our minds, and to understand what's in our hearts. And, thankfully we don't all come with "complaints". A lot of us have ideas. Good ones too. So my purpose is to offer ideas, observations, and hopefully partial solutions that can help you continue your promise to make positive changes in all of our lives.

        With great sincerity and appreciation for the wonderful job you are doing, and the thoughtful person you are, I will be sending you a letter each day.

Most Respectfully,

Marcia Reimers,
The Gadfly Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment