What is Washboard Express?

Washboard Express is a way for me to express my own opinions, to be a provocative gadfly, by writing a "letter a day" to the President. I may miss a day here and there, because sometimes my family with be my first priority, but my goal is to write a total of 365 letters, representing one full year. To say I have opinions about most things would be to understate the obvious. Those of you that know me, know this is true, those who don't know me, will learn that it's true. The Washboard is a reference to going back to basics and "keeping it clean," so if you would like me to post your comments or opinions on this blog, I only ask that you be respectful. So go ahead, express yourself, and I look forward to an exchange of ideas and opinions.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 43...Dear President Obama...I'm mad as hell, enough already!


Day 43

Dear Mr. President,

It is a sad day for Democrats with the resignation of Anthony Weiner, and an even sadder day for the people of New York. I have to say that I was disappointed in your response to this ridiculous brouhaha involving Weiner’s admitted indiscretions. Since it wasn’t you that got caught committing such a juvenile act, I really don’t think you should comment about what you would do if you were Weiner… because you’re not.

Did you give an opinion as to whether David Vitter should step down after it was discovered that he solicited a prostitute? No, because it was none of your business, or anyone else’s for that matter.

I have no idea why others think they should weigh in on someone else’s problems. I’m no student of the bible, but I believe there is a passage about those without sin casting the first stone. The only difference between these guys is that Vitter actually broke the law, and so far as I know, Weiner did not. So why didn’t the Republicans call for Vitter’s resignation, and why aren’t the Democrats standing up for Weiner? I’ll tell you why… because the Democrats are a bunch of spineless cowards that wouldn’t stick together if they were dipped in Gorilla Glue and wrapped in duct tape.

It would not surprise me one bit if all of those calling for Rep. Weiner’s head, weren’t guilty of the same or similar juvenile pranks… This whole thing really ticks me off.

The only people that should be “weighing in” on whether Weiner resigns or not are the people that elected him. Everyone else should shut the hell up! As far as I know his constituents are very happy with his representation and don’t want him to leave, and if that’s not good enough for the rest of the country, too damn bad.

This country has so many more important issues that need to be “discussed,” and yet we find ourselves, once again, mired down in yet another sordid, gossip mongering, less than titillating, ridiculous scandal. Grow up, and get on with the business of the people, and the business of the country. Enough already!

Bring our troops home, stop the indiscriminate bombing in Libya, work on getting some jobs going in this country, fix the tax structure so the rich pay their fair share, close Gitmo like you promised, end corporate welfare, and lets see some real campaign finance reform. These are just a few of the “real” problems that need to be addressed … so please get back to being President… discussing this school-boy joke is beneath you, and beneath this country. Didn’t we learn anything after the Clinton scandal? The rest of the world thought we were a “joke”… and yet we’re doing it again.

Most Respectfully,

Your Gadfly Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment